DEAR DIARY
9:47 PM
Lonely in a world of sounds,
Restless in a world unfound.
What are friendships but transient and weak,
What are memories but haunting and sweet.
Losing myself in a chasm of darkness,
Looking in through an untamed forest.
Dripping tears from an empty heart,
Stripping your doubts and fears apart.
Salty, wet, fresh and raw,
Like tiny raindrops from sky's jaw.
In search of matter for the soul,
Some earth to fill the black'ning hole.
-
Broken, bent, weak and spent,
Living with a heart on rent,
Saying all the words unmeant.
Trapped beneath a stifling madness,
Can't explain this ling'ring sadness.
I tell myself I'll change
Today,
But,
Tomorrow still that's what I say.
-
How do you measure distance with the heart?
How do you save yourself
When you wake daily,
Only to find your soul has not returned to your body.
Like slitted butterfly wings,
Every single movement sears,
Compounding all the tears and fears.
Until the bluebird sings,
If the bluebird sings.